This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The client says to the nurse, I'm worried that this new antidepressant may not be working because I ... (Read 15 times)

crobinson2013

The client says to the nurse, I'm worried that this new antidepressant may not be working because I always feel tired after taking it in the morning. The nursing response should be based on what principle?

1. Antidepressants can have a sedating effect.
  2. Antidepressants only have a stimulant effect.
  3. Antidepressants that cause sedation usually cause tremors.
  4. Antidepressants that cause sedation are not effective.

Question 2

The white blood cell count of the client on clozapine (Clozaril) is 2.8. What action should the nurse take?

1. Hold the medication and call the psychiatrist.
  2. Administer the medication and monitor the next count.
  3. Monitor the client for orthostatic hypotension.
  4. Check to see if the thyroid levels are normal.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bigcheese9

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Although sedation can be an adverse reaction from an antidepressant and appear similar to the fatigue of depression, it can usually be managed by taking the medication at bedtime. Antidepressants are not stimulants and there is no correlation between sedation and tremors.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Agranulocytosis, a marked decrease in white blood cell counts, is a serious side effect of this medication. It should be held and stopped by the prescriber before the client gets a serious infection. Thyroid levels are not related to agranulocytosis and neither is orthostatic hypotension.

crobinson2013

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

elyse44

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

Though “Krazy Glue” or “Super Glue” has the ability to seal small wounds, it is not recommended for this purpose since it contains many substances that should not enter the body through the skin, and may be harmful.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library