This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client talks in a monotone voice and shows no emotion when speaking. The client tells the nurse, I ... (Read 43 times)

LaDunn

A client talks in a monotone voice and shows no emotion when speaking. The client tells the nurse, I want to stay in bed all day. I do not enjoy watching television like I used to. I do not want to talk with other people.

Which of the following symptoms of schizophrenia are illustrated in this scenario? Standard Text: Select all that apply. 1. Alogia
  2. Flat affect
  3. Anhedonia
  4. Avolition
  5. Apathy

Question 2

The nurse is planning a psychoeducation group for substance abusers and is conducting selection interviews. Which of the following individuals with substance abuse issues would not be an appropriate member?

1. A client who has attended AA meetings in the past
  2. A client who has been court ordered to attend group therapy
  3. A client who has recently been promoted to district manager
  4. A client who is also being treated for a psychiatric illness

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bblaney

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Alogia. The client is speaking in full sentences. Alogia is the tendency to use minimal words to speak.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: Major life changes may prevent the client's full and continued participation in the group. The client who has been court ordered to attend group may be in denial but has an external motivation to attend group. Clients being treated for a psychiatric illness and who have attended AA meetings in the past have a history of group involvement and know what to expect from group therapy.

LaDunn

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

vickybb89

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

Adolescents often feel clumsy during puberty because during this time of development, their hands and feet grow faster than their arms and legs do. The body is therefore out of proportion. One out of five adolescents actually experiences growing pains during this period.

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library