This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse in the community mental health clinic assesses a client and determines the presence of an ... (Read 55 times)

jlmhmf

The nurse in the community mental health clinic assesses a client and determines the presence of an Axis II diagnosis. What conclusions can the nurse draw?

1. The client is in need of further evaluation.
  2. The client has a personality disorder.
  3. The client will need a special diet.
  4. The client is a candidate for the least restrictive environment.

Question 2

A client tells the nurse, I refuse to take quetiapine (Seroquel) because it is manufactured by Al Qaeda. If I take it, I'll die. This is an example of:

1. A negative symptom of schizophrenia called alogia.
  2. A negative symptom of schizophrenia called avolition.
  3. A positive symptom of schizophrenia called delusion.
  4. A characteristic of schizophrenia called ambivalence.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ms_sulzle

Answer to Question 1

Rationale: Axis II contains the personality disorders usually diagnosed in adults, and developmental disorders including mental retardation, diagnosed in children and adolescents. Axis II is also used to report maladaptive personality traits. Information about diet and the level of care needed are written in the admission orders, not the multiaxial diagnosis.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale: The client's statement is an example of the positive symptom of schizophrenia called delusion, which is a mistaken or false fixed belief about the self or the environment. The client's statement is not an example of ambivalence which is defined as concurrent conflicting emotions, thoughts, or actions toward a person, object, or concept. It is also not an example of the tendency to use minimal words to speak called alogia, or of a lack of motivation called avolition.

jlmhmf

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

aruss1303

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Intradermal injections are somewhat difficult to correctly administer because the skin layers are so thin that it is easy to accidentally punch through to the deeper subcutaneous layer.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library