This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is counseling a client couple who are trying to reconcile and hold their marriage ... (Read 18 times)

NguyenJ

The nurse is counseling a client couple who are trying to reconcile and hold their marriage together.

During therapy the wife states, It's so heartless when he spends all his weekend time with his friends instead of his family. He makes me want to hurt him back. Using concepts from assertiveness training and effective communication techniques, the nurse implements which of the following interventions after hearing the wife's remarks?
  A) Teach the client to make I statements.
  B) Ask the wife to provide details about what she means by all his time.
  C) Ask the husband to discuss why he spends so much time with his friends.
  D) Encourage the wife to express exactly what she wants her husband to do on weekends.

Question 2

Violent television programs and video games expose children to aggressive models. What part, if any, are these forms of entertainment thought to play in the development of aggressive behavior in children?

A) They teach that aggressive behavior results in social recognition and defeat of enemies.
  B) They have no measurable effect on behavior, even if many adults find them unacceptable.
  C) They negatively affect aggression by showing that violence has no rewards.
  D) They only affect children who are exposed to violence in the family.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

krakiolit

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
Assertiveness skills are an effective method for controlling aggression by teaching clients appropriate tools for meeting their needs without infringing on the rights of others. The client can be taught about making I statements (I feel hurt by your remarks) instead of you statements (You hurt my feelings) to avoid making judgments by relating feelings rather than opinions and to develop better listening skills.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
Some researchers and theorists believe that television, video, and movie violence portrays coercive behavior that results in the attainment of some material reward, social recognition, or successful retaliation against enemies.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Once thought to have neurofibromatosis, Joseph Merrick (also known as "the elephant man") is now, in retrospect, thought by clinical experts to have had Proteus syndrome. This endocrine disease causes continued and abnormal growth of the bones, muscles, skin, and so on and can become completely debilitating with severe deformities occurring anywhere on the body.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

The people with the highest levels of LDL are Mexican American males and non-Hispanic black females.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library