This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Cory is a 14-year-old boy who has a long history of skipping school and is now starting to ... (Read 18 times)

strangeaffliction

Cory is a 14-year-old boy who has a long history of skipping school and is now starting to experiment with drugs.

The family assessment reveals that his parents put no restrictions on him at home, including no curfew and no household responsibilities. When asked about his beliefs about parenting roles, the father replies, I raised myself and I turned out okay. I'm not going to do anything different for my boy. He'll be all right. Which stage of change, according to Prochaska, is Cory's father most likely in?
  A) Precontemplation
  B) Contemplation
  C) Preparation
  D) Action

Question 2

A nurse is performing a family assessment and wished to explore the family's interactions with the agencies and groups in the larger community. Which assessment will best allow the nurse to explore this interaction?

A) Genogram
  B) Ecomap
  C) Developmental assessment
  D) Functional assessment

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Benayers

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
Prochaska and colleagues (1992) have established stages of change for individuals. These stages are precontemplation (no intention to change and perhaps no awareness of a problem), contemplation (awareness of a problem and thinking about change), preparation (getting ready to change), action (modifying behavior), and maintenance (working to prevent relapse).

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
The ecomap illustrates the family's interaction with larger external systems, including community agencies and groups.

strangeaffliction

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

samiel-sayed

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Medication errors are more common among seriously ill patients than with those with minor conditions.

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

It is believed that the Incas used anesthesia. Evidence supports the theory that shamans chewed cocoa leaves and drilled holes into the heads of patients (letting evil spirits escape), spitting into the wounds they made. The mixture of cocaine, saliva, and resin numbed the site enough to allow hours of drilling.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library