This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A psychiatric aide tells the nurse, I don't quite understand what staff members mean when they ... (Read 24 times)

stephzh

A psychiatric aide tells the nurse, I don't quite understand what staff members mean when they mention deinstitutionalizat ion. The best response for the nurse would be to explain that deinsti-tutionalization refers to:

1. A set of activities clients use in their routine daily lives
  2. A reimbursement system providing a set amount of money for services for a single client
  3. Clinical coordination of inpatient and outpatient services to prevent duplication and lower costs
  4. Discharge of chronically ill clients from psychiatric inpatient facilities into the community

Question 2

A client asks the case manager, So you're going to be my case manager. What will you be doing for me? The nurse should respond, The primary component of my work as your case manager will be:

1. listening to the things you want to tell me.
  2. making sure you take your medications.
  3. coordinating all aspects of your care.
  4. helping you adjust to community living.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

pratush dev

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4
Deinstitutionalizat ion literally means out of the institution. Deinstitutionalizat ion was a move-ment occurring in the 1960s that returned many clients with severe and persistent mental illness to communities ill-prepared to meet their needs. Option 1 refers to activities of daily living. Op-tion 2 refers to capitation. Option 3 refers to case management.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
The primary component of case management is coordination of client care. The other options are subsumed under that umbrella.

stephzh

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

It is difficult to obtain enough calcium without consuming milk or other dairy foods.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library