This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A new client admits to having been battered by her live-in boyfriend several times over the past 2 ... (Read 66 times)

jrubin

A new client admits to having been battered by her live-in boyfriend several times over the past 2 years. She states to the nurse, We plan to get married next June, and I think things will be better then.

He is always so sorry afterward, that I think I can trust him to change. Which intervention should be included in the client's teaching plan?
  1. Support her hope that the battering will end after they are married.
  2. Assist her to enroll in a class to learn techniques of self-defense.
  3. Emphasize that the battering pattern usually remains the same in frequency and severity over time.
  4. Assist her in developing an emergency plan, since the pattern of violence is likely to continue.

Question 2

A client, age 70, was brought into the Emergency Department by family members who reported a fall. During the assessment the nurse became suspicious that the client had suffered physical abuse.

The client denied that she had been abused. Her denial is most likely based on her:
  1. Strong belief that nothing could be done to help her
  2. Fear of the possibility of being removed from her family
  3. Feeling that she deserved the physical abuse
  4. Lack of trust that the situation could be changed

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

miss_1456@hotmail.com

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 4
Developing an emergency plan is critical for any battered woman. 1. The battering is not likely to cease unless the batterer seeks help. 2. This will not stop the violence, although it might afford her some protection. 3. Violence usually increases over time.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
Fear of being separated from family and institutionalized is a powerful motive that keeps elders from revealing abuse. The other options may be factors in some cases, but they are not primary motivators of silence.

jrubin

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

pangili4

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Although puberty usually occurs in the early teenage years, the world's youngest parents were two Chinese children who had their first baby when they were 8 and 9 years of age.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library