This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse would evaluate the plan of care for a paraphilic client as having been effective if the ... (Read 39 times)

panfilo

The nurse would evaluate the plan of care for a paraphilic client as having been effective if the client:

1. Willfully withdrew from the program
  2. Asked to include his wife in the treatment program
  3. Acknowledged that he has a sexual disorder
  4. Requested an antianxiety medication to help him cope

Question 2

A client has been treated in the sexual disorders unit after being arrested for molesting two neighborhood children. At the treatment team meeting to evaluate his progress, the nurse report-ed his continued use of denial.

Which comment by the client supports this evaluation?
  1. My parents abused me when I was a child.
  2. I only acted inappropriately because I was stressed.
  3. I am sorry for what I have done.
  4. There is nothing wrong with the way I behave.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jamesnevil303

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
Identification of the problem by the client is essential to successful treatment. 1. Willfully ending treatment is hardly evidence of successful treatment. 2. Wanting his wife to be included in the program is a way of shifting attention from the self. 4. This request has nothing to do with evalu-ation of treatment effectiveness.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 4
Stating that his behavior is normal indicates use of denial and failure to see that a problem exists. 1. This statement blames others for his behavior. 2. This statement is indicative of rationalization. 3. This shows recognition that the behavior was inappropriate.

panfilo

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

chjcharjto14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library