This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client with OCD tells the nurse, Thinking these thoughts and doing all my rituals is beyond being ... (Read 15 times)

Ebrown

A client with OCD tells the nurse, Thinking these thoughts and doing all my rituals is beyond being silly. I know others laugh behind my back. I sometimes think I can control things, but I al-ways find I can't.

I don't know if I can continue to live this waybeing a burden on my family and being of no use to myself. The reply that shows the best understanding of the client's priority risk is:
  1. How are you sleeping?
  2. Are your rituals interfering with eating?
  3. Have you been thinking about suicide?
  4. What makes you think others are laughing behind your back?

Question 2

The physician tells the nurse, I'll probably begin medication therapy for my client with panic disorder, so be prepared to implement a medication teaching plan. For which medication group will the nurse plan teaching?

1. Tricyclic antidepressants
  2. Monamine oxidase inhibitors
  3. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors
  4. Benzodiazepines

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Silverbeard98

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
Clients with anxiety disorders should always be assessed for the presence of depression and sui-cidal ideation, the priority risk to safety. This client has admitted feeling powerless to control her symptoms, being a burden, and being useless, in addition to wondering if she can continue to live the way she has been. There is ample reason for asking about suicidal ideation. Options 1 and 2 do not address the priority risk. Option 4 is not a therapeutic inquiry.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
SSRIs are the most widely prescribed medication to treat panic disorder. They are effective and have a low side-effect profile. 1. These medications are effective but have more side effects than SSRIs. 2. These medications are effective but require knowledge of and compliance with a spe-cial diet. 4. These medications are effective but produce alterations in sensorium and other side effects.

Ebrown

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

phuda

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Human stomach acid is strong enough to dissolve small pieces of metal such as razor blades or staples.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library