This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following nursing responses would indicate an empathetic approach to a client who is ... (Read 61 times)

DelorasTo

Which of the following nursing responses would indicate an empathetic approach to a client who is depressed over recent losses in her life?

1. I lost my job and family all in one month and continued working.
  2. I lost my parents last year and still feel sad.
  3. Tell me more about what you are feeling.
  4. Let's not focus on sad topics today.

Question 2

The advanced practice nurse is scheduled to hold an assertiveness training session for a group of clients. Which of the following topics should the nurse plan to include in the presentation?

1. Avoiding eye contact
  2. Targeting behaviors to be changed
  3. Learning to be the nice person at work
  4. Insisting on having your way at work

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tmlewis4706

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 3
This response focuses on the client's feelings and encourages further discussion. 1. This sounds judgmental and will cut off communication. 2. Although self-disclosure can be therapeutic, this focuses on the nurse's feelings. 4. This is nontherapeutic.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
The first step in learning to be more assertive is to target behaviors to be changed. Option 1 would be passive behavior. Option 3 would be acquiescent behavior. Option 4 would be aggres-sive behavior.

DelorasTo

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

vickybb89

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library