This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse tells his mentor, Since I've been working with the client, he seems a lot better. I've ... (Read 35 times)

Brittanyd9008

The nurse tells his mentor, Since I've been working with the client, he seems a lot better. I've done things my own way, as opposed to following the treatment plan. I've done him a few fa-vors and gotten good cooperation.

An astute evaluation by the mentor is that the nurse:
  1. Has a character disorder
  2. Has a rescue fantasy
  3. Needs additional orientation to the importance of the team treatment plan
  4. Has a highly developed sense of intuition that guides his therapeutic work

Question 2

The client asks the nurse, I've heard the student nurses talk about the nursing process. Why is there so much emphasis on using the nursing process? The response that explains the need for nurses to understand and use the nursing process is:

1. Do you think you have a better method we might use?
  2. The nursing process is a systematic problem-solving method encompassing all components necessary to care for clients.
  3. Using the nursing process is a way of legitimizing our profession and placing us on an equal footing with the pure sciences.
  4. The nursing process is a unidimensional, static, linear approach used to guide us as we make clinical judgments.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

duke02

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
Rescue fantasy occurs when a nurse believes he or she is the only one who can help a specific client. The nurse with a rescue fantasy may act outside or against the treatment plan and may perform favors that are actually nontherapeutic. There are no data to support option 1. Option 3 may or may not be true, and option 4 is untrue.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
This response best explains the importance of the nursing process. Option 1 is challenging and does not address the question posed by the client. Option 3 is not a good explanation for use of the nursing process. Option 4 does not accurately describe the nursing process.

Brittanyd9008

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

cpetit11

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

After 5 years of being diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, one every three patients will no longer be able to work.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library