This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements is an inference? 1. He is an alcoholic because his wife nags a ... (Read 21 times)

ARLKQ

Which of the following statements is an inference?

1. He is an alcoholic because his wife nags a lot.
  2. He states he binges after arguing with his wife.
  3. You say your alcohol intake exceeds a quart a day.
  4. I note you have been drinking earlier today.

Question 2

A new nurse tells her mentor, I worry all the time about how clients view me. I wonder if I'm performing as well as other nurses. These questions and self-doubts get in the way when I'm communicating with clients.

The most helpful remark the mentor can make is:
  1. Everyone is self-conscious at first. Just grin and bear with it.
  2. I know how you're feeling. I was so anxious that I sweated all the time.
  3. Try to maintain your focus on the client while you're with him or her.
  4. Relax. You're not expected to be a therapist after the first 2 weeks.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lou

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 1
An inference is an interpretation of behavior that is made by finding motive and forming conclu-sions without having all the necessary information. This describes option 1. The nurse interprets the client's behavior, decides on a reason, assigns a motive, and forms a conclusion. Options 2 and 4 are observations. Option 3 is a validating remark.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 3
Focusing on the client instead of on oneself usually reduces worry about performance. Think about what the client is saying, show genuine concern, and strive to use therapeutic communica-tion techniques that place the focus squarely on the client. Options 1, 2, and 4 provide meaning-less reassurance, rather than actual help.

ARLKQ

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

scikid

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

Cocaine was isolated in 1860 and first used as a local anesthetic in 1884. Its first clinical use was by Sigmund Freud to wean a patient from morphine addiction. The fictional character Sherlock Holmes was supposed to be addicted to cocaine by injection.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library