This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse has been challenged to find ways to emphasize client strengths while caring for a client ... (Read 16 times)

jerry coleman

The nurse has been challenged to find ways to emphasize client strengths while caring for a client with the nursing diagnosis Situational low self-esteem relate to job loss. Of the following, which is a strategy most likely to produce the desired effect?

1. Praising the client for even small advancements
  2. Asking the client what a friend would identify as the client's strengths
  3. Looking at employment ads and finding the client a suitable job
  4. Inviting the client to compare herself with her mother or sister

Question 2

If student nurses wish to reduce anxiety about their clinical abilities by using positive affirma-tions to increase confidence, which statement or thought would be consistent with this plan?

1. I should use therapeutic communication techniques.
  2. I am relaxed and more capable each day.
  3. I need to facilitate the healing process.
  4. I can ask my instructor to tell me what to do.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

AngeliqueG

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
Clients with low self-esteem are often reluctant or unable to identify their own strengths. Asking what another person might list may open the door to more realistic self-appraisal. 1. Clients are rarely able to accept praise and use it as a tool for increasing self-esteem. 3. Improved self-esteem comes with proof of increased self-efficacy; thus finding a job for the client would not be maxi-mally helpful. 4. Inviting comparisons between client and a significant other usually produces negative statements about the self and positive statements about the other.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 2
Positive self-affirmations are favorable statements or thoughts about oneself. Only option 2 is an affirming statement. The other options all reflect a need to do something in a different fashion.

jerry coleman

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

bigcheese9

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library