Author Question: Which intervention addresses a strategy identified by the federal government to achieve an HIV-free ... (Read 13 times)

vHAUNG6011

Which intervention addresses a strategy identified by the federal government to achieve an HIV-free generation?

a. Nutritional programs that deliver meals
  b. Free medications for the uninsured patient
  c. Screening programs directed towards women
  d. Home health personnel available to deliver care

Question 2

A patient recently diagnosed with HIV infection reports symptoms that support a diag-nosis of adjustment disorder.

These symptoms include telling the nurse, I feel so sad every time I think of my diagno-sis. I cry a lot, and I don't go out as much as I did before. It just doesn't seem right to laugh. I don't have a good appetite, but I force myself to eat something at every meal, so I haven't lost weight. From this description, the nurse would determine that the patient's symptoms most closely correspond to those of (select all that apply):
  a. Sadness
  b. Anorexia
  c. Aggression
  d. Frequent crying
  e. Delusional beliefs

peter

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS in February 2010 recommended several strategies to assist with the achievement of an HIV-free generation. Strategies and policies include early screenings addressing at-risk women. Although useful, the remaining options do not directly address the stated strategies.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, B, D
The selected symptoms most closely resemble those of adjustment disorder with depressive features. Aggression is more impulsive in nature and delusions are related to psychotic condi-tions.