This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The common element seen in every type of bereavement is: a. Bereavement is a predictable process ... (Read 39 times)

humphriesbr@me.com

The common element seen in every type of bereavement is:

a. Bereavement is a predictable process that is a result of loss.
  b. The individual has experienced the loss of something of importance.
  c. Acute depression is generally experienced by all who grieve for a loss.
  d. The course of the grieving will be determined by the seriousness of the loss.

Question 2

Which statement best explains how a mother of several children should prepare to help them cope with the loss of a dear aunt?

a. Children are resilient and simply need love as they grieve.
  b. People regardless of age or gender experience stages of grief.
  c. Each child will grieve in a unique way and on their own timetable.
  d. Extreme reactions are more commonly observed in the young griever.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Laurenleakan

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Each type of loss means that something meaningful has been taken away, whether it is phys-ical, psychological, social, or symbolic. The remaining options are not true statements regard-ing bereavement.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
No two people regardless of age will grieve the same way, even in the same family. Each person's grief has unique characteristics and a timetable all its own. It is not necessarily true that young grievers experience severe reactions to loss and require only love during this expe-rience. Although most individuals do experience the various stages of grief, that information is not the most instructive for the mother.

humphriesbr@me.com

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

Perkypinki

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

Did you know?

Side effects from substance abuse include nausea, dehydration, reduced productivitiy, and dependence. Though these effects usually worsen over time, the constant need for the substance often overcomes rational thinking.

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library