This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse presenting a suicide prevention lecture would decide who the target population is based on ... (Read 73 times)

AEWBW

The nurse presenting a suicide prevention lecture would decide who the target population is based on what fact?

a. Females have the highest risk for suicide.
  b. Children are considered a high-risk group for committing suicide.
  c. The highest suicide rate is among the Caucasian middle-age population.
  d. Rates of suicide are highest among the older population, age 80 and older.

Question 2

Which statement by a young adult would alert the nurse to increased suicide risk?

a. I have a necktie in my room that I can use to hang myself.
  b. If I fail one more class, I'm going to have to think about ending it.
  c. When I leave home to live on my own, I'm going to buy myself a gun.
  d. When I took two bottles of Mom's pills, I had to have my stomach pumped.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Kimmy

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
The highest rate of suicide is among the older adult population. The remaining options are not true statements.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Only the correct option states an intended method and indicates immediacy and available means of enacting a successful suicide attack.

AEWBW

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

Liamb2179

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library