This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse caring for an extremely withdrawn patient with depression wants to assist her to become ... (Read 20 times)

codyclark

The nurse caring for an extremely withdrawn patient with depression wants to assist her to become more interactive. The best approach would be to say:

a. I know you'll feel better if you leave your room.
  b. You look so gloomy sitting here all by yourself.
  c. Let's explore how it feels to sit alone here all day and feel sad.
  d. I need another person for a card game and I'd like you to be my partner.

Question 2

Prior to initiating medication therapy with phenelzine (Nardil), the nurse should plan to determine the patient's:

a. Mood and affect
  b. Activity level
  c. Cognitive ability to understand information about the medication
  d. Support network and its members' willingness to participate in treatment

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

alexanderhamilton

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
This direct approach invites the patient to participate in a kind, but firm manner. The patient is not given an option to simply say yes or no. It is not therapeutic to give false reassur-ance. The remaining options focus too intensively on negative thoughts and feelings.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Phenelzine (Nardil) administration requires strict adherence to a restricted diet. The patient must have the cognitive ability to understand the food and medication interactions that may cause a serious reaction.

codyclark

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

bassamabas

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library