Author Question: The nurse is evaluating a patient diagnosed with a dissociative disorder for discharge cri-teria. ... (Read 11 times)

rosent76

The nurse is evaluating a patient diagnosed with a dissociative disorder for discharge cri-teria. Which statements made by the patient indicate that discharge criteria have been met? Select all that apply.

a. I've learned to identify my personal stressors.
  b. Meditation is a wonderful support in managing my stress.
  c. It's getting better; I'm sleeping about 5 hours most nights.
  d. I know I have to rely on myself to get this problem under control.
  e. I'll talk with my doctor before making any changes to my medicines.

Question 2

The nurse will base a discussion of dysthymia on the fact that the condition:

a. Typically has an acute onset
  b. Involves delusional thinking
  c. Is chronic low-level depression
  d. Does not include suicidal ideation

nhea

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, B, E
Discharge criteria would include behaviors and attitudes that show insight and some control over the disorder. Compliance with medication therapy, identification of stressors and using learned stress-reducing strategies such as mindfulness meditation are examples of such be-haviors. There is a need for more nightly sleep and a willingness to seek help and support are important unmet criteria with this patient.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Dysthymia is identified as a chronic low-level depression frequently lasting over a period of several years without remitting. Dysthymia has a slow, insidious onset. Delusional thinking is not a common manifestation of dysthymia. Suicidal thoughts are seen among dysthymic pa-tients.