This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement helps assure the nurse that the patient has an understanding of how their health ... (Read 33 times)

littleanan

Which statement helps assure the nurse that the patient has an understanding of how their health information is managed to assure their right to confidentiality? Select all that ap-ply.

a. I had to sign a paper saying my information could be released.
  b. My records will be released to only people who really need to know.
  c. All the doctors will have access to my medical records when I'm here.
  d. No one can see my information unless I say it's okay for them to see it.
  e. My insurance company will get what they need in order to cover the bill.

Question 2

What actions by a nurse identify an understanding of the nursing responsibility to treat the patient with consideration to the ethical component of beneficence? Select all that apply.

a. Frequently self-reflecting on whether the nursing interventions are actually help-ing the patient
  b. Evaluating whether the intervention is causing the patient unacceptable levels of anxiety or pain
  c. Recognizing that the moral rule of primum non nocere does not apply to the mentally ill patient
  d. Being willing to influence the patient in making decisions concerning the need for unpleasant treatments
  e. Consistently setting boundaries to effectively deflect a patient's inappropriate sexually-oriented behaviors

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Sarahjh

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A, B, D, E
At the time of admission to a mental health facility, admission staff often request that
patients sign a release-of-information document. The release of information usually includes the information that will be released; the persons or parties that the information will be shared with, such as other health care providers and insurance providers; the purpose of the release of the information; and the period of time during which the information will be released. Only the professionals who are involved with the care will have access to the patient's medi-cal records.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, B, E
Individuals who work in the health care field have a special duty and responsibility to act in a manner that is going to benefit rather than harm patients. The term beneficence refers to bringing about good. Self-reflection concerning interventions and frequent evaluation of the effects of treatment on the patient is critical to beneficent care. Maintaining a therapeutic en-vironment by providing an appropriate nurse-patient relationship is a vital component to ful-filling the obligation to act in a beneficent manner. The moral rule of primum non nocere (first do no harm) is vital in clinical interventions with persons with mental illnesses. The nurse should not influence patient decisions but rather provide information to support an ed-ucated decision whenever possible.

littleanan

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

chereeb

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library