This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient who has a nursing diagnosis of ineffective coping related to ineffective problem solving ... (Read 46 times)

ishan

A patient who has a nursing diagnosis of ineffective coping related to ineffective problem solving has been involved in treatment for 6 months. The nurse determines that the planned interventions require revision when the patient states:

a. I really don't think my psychiatrist actually helps me.
  b. I can't decide if I should get my own apartment or not.
  c. I can't accept that I will never be able to comfortably make decisions.
  d. I don't think I'm liked well enough to seek election as a committee chairperson.

Question 2

The nurse responsible for the care plan of a patient diagnosed with cognitive impairment includes rationales for the nursing interventions primarily to:

a. Provide a means for outcome evaluation
  b. Account for the reasoning that drives the nursing action
  c. Support the patient's success in achieving the expected outcome
  d. Provide information to aide in the implementation of the nursing action

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kjo;oj

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Nursing interventions describe a specific course of action or a therapeutic activity that helps the patient to move toward a more functional state; in this case problem solving. The state-ment indicates indecision and suggests that problem solving is still a patient problem. Show-ing dislike of the physician actually shows a decision. Not accepting the realization of inef-fective decision making is not related to ineffective coping but rather shows focus on affect-ing the problem. Expressing the perception that one is not liked concerns self-esteem.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
Rationales primarily reflect nurses' accountability for their actions by explaining why the ac-tion is necessary and expected to positively impact the patient's condition. Rationales are not used to support or evaluate the success of the intervention nor to educate how the action should be preformed.

ishan

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

robbielu01

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

In most cases, kidneys can recover from almost complete loss of function, such as in acute kidney (renal) failure.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

A cataract is a clouding of the eyes' natural lens. As we age, some clouding of the lens may occur. The first sign of a cataract is usually blurry vision. Although glasses and other visual aids may at first help a person with cataracts, surgery may become inevitable. Cataract surgery is very successful in restoring vision, and it is the most frequently performed surgery in the United States.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library