This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A group of nursing students is reviewing information about substances that are abused. The students ... (Read 115 times)

natalie2426

A group of nursing students is reviewing information about substances that are abused. The students demonstrate understanding of the information when they identify which of the following as stimulants? Select all that apply.

A) Alcohol
  B) Cocaine
  C) Heroin
  D) Nicotine
  E) Phencyclidine

Question 2

A nurse is obtaining a history from a client who drinks about six cups of coffee and several diet cola drinks per day. The client states, I just cut down my coffee and soda intake to one per day.

Which of the following would the nurse most likely expect to assess? Select all that apply.

A) Headache
  B) Fatigue
  C) Yawning
  D) Flushing
  E) Diuresis

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Jevvish

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B, D
Stimulants include cocaine and nicotine. Alcohol is a depressant. Heroin is an opioid derivative that depresses the central nervous system. Phencyclidine is classified as a hallucinogen.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A, B, C
The client's decreased intake of caffeine could lead to caffeine withdrawal, manifested by headache, drowsiness, fatigue, craving, impaired psychomotor performance, difficulty concentrating, yawning, and nausea. Flushing and diuresis would be characteristic of caffeine overdose.

natalie2426

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ryhom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

For pediatric patients, intravenous fluids are the most commonly cited products involved in medication errors that are reported to the USP.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

Asthma-like symptoms were first recorded about 3,500 years ago in Egypt. The first manuscript specifically written about asthma was in the year 1190, describing a condition characterized by sudden breathlessness. The treatments listed in this manuscript include chicken soup, herbs, and sexual abstinence.

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library