This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nursing instructor is developing an education plan for a group of students about schizophrenia and ... (Read 35 times)

joe

A nursing instructor is developing an education plan for a group of students about schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorders. The instructor identifies that, in addition to psychosis,

what other condition must be present at the same time for a diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder?

A) Substance abuse
  B) Mood disturbance
  C) Delirium
  D) Anxiety

Question 2

While being interviewed, a client diagnosed with a delusional disorder states, I have this really strange odor coming out of my mouth. I stop to brush my teeth almost every hour and then rinse with mouthwash every half hour to get rid of this smell.

I've seen so many doctors, and they can't tell me what's wrong. The nurse interprets the client's statement as reflecting which type of delusion?

A) Erotomanic
  B) Grandiose
  C) Somatic
  D) Jealous

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mathjasmine

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
When psychosis and mood disturbance occur at the same time, a diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder is made. Substance abuse, delirium, or anxieties are not involved with the diagnosis of schizoaffective disorder.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
The client's statements reflect a somatic delusion, which involves bodily functions or sensations. Those with somatic delusions use excessive health care resources and often go through elaborate rituals to cleanse themselves or their surroundings. Erotomanic delusions focus on the belief that the client is loved intensely by a loved object, who is usually married, of a higher economic status, or otherwise unattainable. With grandiose delusions, the client is convinced that he or she has a great unrecognized talent or has made an important discovery. Jealous delusions focus on the unfaithfulness or infidelity of a spouse or lover.

joe

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

ttt030911

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library