This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: While interviewing a client, a nurse asks, What do you do when you get angry? Which client response ... (Read 34 times)

kwoodring

While interviewing a client, a nurse asks, What do you do when you get angry? Which client response would indicate to the nurse that the client engages in anger suppression?

A) I've been known to fly off the handle when I'm angry.
  B) People say I withdraw and pout about the problem.
  C) I usually approach the person directly to talk about it.
  D) I try to discuss how I'm feeling about it with a close friend.

Question 2

A group of nursing students is reviewing information about maladaptive anger. The students demonstrate a need for additional study when they identify which physical condition as being linked to suppressed anger?

A) Coronary heart disease
  B) Arthritis
  C) Hypertension
  D) Breast cancer

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

reversalruiz

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
Anger suppression is characterized by acting as though nothing has happened; withdrawing from people; and sulking, pouting, or ruminating. Unhealthy, outward anger expression is characterized by flying off the handle or expressing anger in an attacking or blaming way, yelling, or using profanity. Approaching a person directly to talk about it, or discussing how the person feels with a close friend, reflects constructive anger discussion.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: A
Suppressed anger is related to arthritis, breast and colorectal cancer, and hypertension. Excessive, outwardly directed anger is linked to coronary heart disease, reduced left ventricular ejection fraction, and myocardial infarction.

kwoodring

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

flexer1n1

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

Automated pill dispensing systems have alarms to alert patients when the correct dosing time has arrived. Most systems work with many varieties of medications, so patients who are taking a variety of drugs can still be in control of their dose regimen.

Did you know?

Human neurons are so small that they require a microscope in order to be seen. However, some neurons can be up to 3 feet long, such as those that extend from the spinal cord to the toes.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library