This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse identifies a nursing diagnosis of Chronic Low Self-Esteem. Which statement by a client would ... (Read 21 times)

Bob-Dole

A nurse identifies a nursing diagnosis of Chronic Low Self-Esteem. Which statement by a client would support this nursing diagnosis?

A) I feel so ugly.
  B) No one wants to date me.
  C) I'm so fat, like a cow.
  D) I never do anything right.

Question 2

A nurse is reviewing a drawing that a client completed as a self-portrait. The nurse observes that the drawing lacks arms and feet. The nurse interprets this as indicating which of the following? Select all that apply.

A) Low self-esteem
  B) Powerlessness
  C) Insecurity
  D) Inadequacy

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

essyface1

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D
Statements reflecting a negative self-esteem, such as, I'm a worthless person and I never do anything right, would help to support a nursing diagnosis of Chronic Low Self-Esteem. Statements such as feeling ugly or fat, or that dating seems untenable, reflect a negative body image.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B, D
Powerlessness and feelings of inadequacy are expressed through lack of head, mouth, arms, feet, or eyes. Low self-esteem is expressed by small size, lack of color variation, and sparse details. A lack of symmetry (placement of figure parts or entire drawings off center) represents feelings of insecurity and inadequacy.

Bob-Dole

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

robbielu01

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

Urine turns bright yellow if larger than normal amounts of certain substances are consumed; one of these substances is asparagus.

Did you know?

About 600,000 particles of skin are shed every hour by each human. If you live to age 70 years, you have shed 105 pounds of dead skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library