This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During an interview, a client tells the nurse that he was recently let go from his job. As the ... (Read 10 times)

tnt_battle

During an interview, a client tells the nurse that he was recently let go from his job. As the interaction continues, the client states, I was really overqualified for that position anyway. It was definitely below my area of expertise.

The nurse interprets this information as reflecting which of the following?

A) Denial
  B) Intellectualization
  C) Projection
  D) Passive aggression

Question 2

When communicating with a client, which of the following would a nurse use to convey positive body language?

A) Sitting erect with back against the chair
  B) Crossing the arms over the chest
  C) Sitting at the client's eye level
  D) Keeping the feet flat on the floor with the legs crossed

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Tabitha_2016

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
The client is attempting to use abstract thinking or make generalizations to control or minimize his feelings associated with the loss of his job. Refusing to acknowledge the painful aspectfor example, I really didn't want that jobwould reflect denial. With projection, an individual falsely attributes to another person his own acceptable feelings, thoughts, or impulses. Passive aggression reflects a faade of overt compliance that masks covert resistance, resentment, or hostility.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Positive body language includes sitting at the same eye level as the client with a relaxed posture, leaning slightly forward, with the arms and legs uncrossed.

tnt_battle

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

T4T

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Did you know?

Human kidneys will clean about 1 million gallons of blood in an average lifetime.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

Oxytocin is recommended only for pregnancies that have a medical reason for inducing labor (such as eclampsia) and is not recommended for elective procedures or for making the birthing process more convenient.

Did you know?

Individuals are never “cured” of addictions. Instead, they learn how to manage their disease to lead healthy, balanced lives.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library