This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells the nurse, I've been having problems with my memory. I read some information on the ... (Read 14 times)

futuristic

A patient tells the nurse, I've been having problems with my memory. I read some information on the Internet and started taking gingko. Select the nurse's best response.

a. The Internet does not have reliable health information for consumers.
  b. More recent studies indicate gingko does not help memory problems.
  c. Valerian has been shown to have better effects for treating memory problems.
  d. Your memory problems are related to your circulation problems. Herbs will not help.

Question 2

A 16-year-old wants to drive, but the parents will not allow it. A 14-year-old sibling was invited to several sleepovers, but the parents found reasons to deny permission.

Both teens are annoyed because the parents buy clothes for them that are more suitable for younger children. The parents say, We don't want our kids to grow up too fast. Which term best describes this family's boundaries?

a. Rigid
  b. Clear
  c. Enmeshed
  d. Differentiated

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lucas dlamini

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Recent studies indicate gingko is does not help with cognition or memory problems. Valerian is useful for treating mild depression or anxiety. The other distracters are misleading.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Rigid boundaries are those that do not change or flex with changing circumstances, as indicated here by parents who are reluctant to revise their roles and expectations about their children as the children mature. Enmeshed boundaries are those that have failed to differentiate or develop individually; the family shares roles and thoughts to an excessive degree, without a healthy degree of individuality. Clear boundaries are not enmeshed; they are appropriate and well maintained.

futuristic

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

peter

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library