This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A correctional nurse plans a health education series for prison inmates. Which topic is most ... (Read 27 times)

Starlight

A correctional nurse plans a health education series for prison inmates. Which topic is most important for the nurse to include in this series?

a. Sleep hygiene
  b. Personal grooming
  c. Social skills training
  d. Assertive communication

Question 2

The psychiatric forensic nurse provides this description of work responsibilities: I use knowledge of psychopathology as I investigate and reconstruct crimes and then try to understand a criminal's reasoning process.

This allows me to compile information on what type of individual would have most likely committed the crime. The work the nurse describes is that of a:

a. competency therapist.
  b. hostage negotiator.
  c. forensic examiner.
  d. criminal profiler.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

todom5090

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
The most common mental health symptoms experienced by inmates are insomnia and hypersomnia; therefore, sleep hygiene would address these needs. Sleep is a basic physiological need that must be met before higher needs are addressed.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Criminal profilers attempt to provide law enforcement with specific information and the type of individual who would have committed a certain crime. Profilers use behavioral and psychological indicators left at violent crime scenes and apply their understanding of psychopathology, attempt to reconstruct the crime, formulate hypotheses, and develop a profile, which is then tested against known data. The distracters refer to roles the psychiatric forensic nurse may fill, but none of these roles fits the description given in the scenario.

Starlight

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

momolu

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Bacteria have been found alive in a lake buried one half mile under ice in Antarctica.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

Cancer has been around as long as humankind, but only in the second half of the twentieth century did the number of cancer cases explode.

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

The strongest synthetic topical retinoid drug available, tazarotene, is used to treat sun-damaged skin, acne, and psoriasis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library