This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient with acute depression states, God is punishing me for my past sins. What is the nurse's ... (Read 16 times)

lilldybug07

A patient with acute depression states, God is punishing me for my past sins. What is the nurse's best response?

a. Why do you think that?
  b. You sound very upset about this.
  c. You believe God is punishing you for your sins?
  d. If you feel this way, you should talk to a member of your clergy.

Question 2

Which benefits are most associated with the use of telehealth? Select all that apply.

a. Cost savings for patients
  b. Maximization of care management
  c. Access to services for patients in rural areas
  d. Prompt reimbursement by third-party payers
  e. Rapid development of trusting relationships with patients

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

coreycathey

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
The nurse reflects on the patient's comment, a therapeutic technique to encourage sharing for perceptions and feelings. The incorrect responses reflect probing, closed-ended comments, and giving advice, all of which are nontherapeutic.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, B, C
Use of telehealth technologies has shown that it can maximize health and improve disease management skills and confidence with the disease process. Many rural patients have felt disconnected from services; telehealth technologies can solve these problems. Although telehealth's improved health outcomes regularly show cost savings for payers, one significant barrier is the current lack of reimbursement for remote patient monitoring by third-party payers. Telehealth is not associated with rapid development of trusting relationships.

lilldybug07

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

komodo7

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library