This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A community psychiatric nurse assesses that a patient with a mood disorder is more depressed than on ... (Read 17 times)

danielfitts88

A community psychiatric nurse assesses that a patient with a mood disorder is more depressed than on the previous visit a month ago; however, the patient says, I feel the same.

Which intervention supports the nurse's assessment while preserving the patient's autonomy?

a. Arrange for a short hospitalization.
  b. Schedule weekly clinic appointments.
  c. Refer the patient to the crisis intervention clinic.
  d. Call the family and ask them to observe the patient closely.

Question 2

A patient hurriedly tells the community mental health nurse, Everything's a disaster I can't concentrate. My disability check didn't come. My roommate moved out, and I can't afford the rent. My therapist is moving away. I feel like I'm coming apart.

Which nursing diagnosis applies

a. Decisional conflict, related to challenges to personal values
  b. Spiritual distress, related to ethical implications of treatment regimen
  c. Anxiety, related to changes perceived as threatening to psychological equilibrium
  d. Impaired environmental interpretation syndrome, related to solving multiple problems affecting security needs
  ?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

prumorgan

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Scheduling clinic appointments at shorter intervals will give the opportunity for more frequent assessment of symptoms and allow the nurse to use early intervention. If the patient does not admit to having a crisis or problem, this referral would be useless. The remaining options may produce unreliable information, violate the patient's privacy, and waste scarce resources.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Subjective and objective data obtained by the nurse suggest the patient is experiencing anxiety caused by multiple threats to security needs. Data are not present to suggest Decisional conflict, ethical conflicts around treatment causing Spiritual distress, or Impaired environmental interpretation syndrome.

danielfitts88

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Chelseyj.hasty

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library