This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An advanced practice nurse determines a group of patients would benefit from therapy in which peers ... (Read 63 times)

dmcintosh

An advanced practice nurse determines a group of patients would benefit from therapy in which peers and interdisciplinary staff all have a voice in determining the level of the patients' privileges. The nurse would arrange for:

a. milieu therapy
  b. cognitive therapy
  c. short-term dynamic therapy
  d. systematic desensitization

Question 2

A person tells a nurse, I was the only survivor in a small plane crash, but three business associates died. I got anxious and depressed and saw a counselor three times a week for a month.

We talked about my feelings related to being a survivor, and now I'm fine, back to my old self. Which type of therapy was used?

a. Milieu therapy
  b. Psychoanalysis
  c. Behavior modification
  d. Interpersonal therapy

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leeeep

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
Milieu therapy is based on the idea that all members of the environment contribute to the planning and functioning of the setting. The other therapies are all individual therapies that do not fit the description.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
Interpersonal therapy returns the patient to the former level of functioning by helping the patient come to terms with the loss of friends and guilt over being a survivor. Milieu therapy refers to environmental therapy. Psychoanalysis calls for a long period of exploration of unconscious material. Behavior modification focuses on changing a behavior rather than helping the patient understand what is going on in his or her life.

dmcintosh

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

31809pancho

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

Asthma cases in Americans are about 75% higher today than they were in 1980.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library