This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which patient statement would lead a nurse to suspect that the developmental task of infancy was not ... (Read 8 times)

kamilo84

Which patient statement would lead a nurse to suspect that the developmental task of infancy was not successfully completed?

a. I have very warm and close friendships.
  b. I'm afraid to let anyone really get to know me.
  c. I am always right, so don't bother saying more.
  d. I'm ashamed that I didn't do it correctly in the first place.

Question 2

A nurse supports parental praise of a child who is behaving in a helpful way. When the individual behaves with politeness and helpfulness in adulthood, which feeling will most likely result?

a. Guilt
  b. Anxiety
  c. Loneliness
  d. Self-esteem

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

zacnyjessica

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
According to Erikson, the developmental task of infancy is the development of trust. The patient's statement that he or she is afraid of becoming acquainted with others clearly shows a lack of ability to trust other people. Having warm and close friendships suggests the developmental task of infancy was successfully completed. The third option suggests rigidity rather than mistrust. The fourth option suggests failure to resolve the crisis of Initiative versus Guilt.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The individual will be living up to the ego ideal, which will result in positive feelings about self. The other options are incorrect; each represents a negative feeling.

kamilo84

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

rachel

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Illness; diuretics; laxative abuse; hot weather; exercise; sweating; caffeine; alcoholic beverages; starvation diets; inadequate carbohydrate consumption; and diets high in protein, salt, or fiber can cause people to become dehydrated.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

Eat fiber! A diet high in fiber can help lower cholesterol levels by as much as 10%.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library