This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An older woman diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease lives with family and attends day care. After ... (Read 33 times)

ec501234

An older woman diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease lives with family and attends day care. After observing poor hygiene, the nurse talked with the caregiver. This caregiver became defensive and said, It takes all my energy to care for my mother.

She's awake all night. I never get any sleep. Which nursing intervention has priority?

a. Teach the caregiver about the effects of sundowner's syndrome.
  b. Secure additional resources for the mother's evening and night care.
  c. Support the caregiver to grieve the loss of the mother's cognitive abilities.
  d. Teach the family how to give physical care more effectively and efficiently.

Question 2

An adult has a history of physical violence against family when frustrated, followed by periods of remorse after each outburst. Which finding indicates a successful plan of care? The adult:

a. expresses frustration verbally instead of physically.
  b. explains the rationale for behaviors to the victim.
  c. identifies three personal strengths.
  d. agrees to seek counseling.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

choc0chan

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
The patient's caregivers were coping with care until the patient began to stay awake at night. The family needs assistance with evening and night care to resume their pre-crisis state of functioning. Secondary prevention calls for the nurse to mobilize community resources to relieve overwhelming stress. The other interventions may then be accomplished.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
The patient will have developed a healthier way of coping with frustration if it is expressed verbally instead of physically. The incorrect options do not confirm achievement of outcomes.

ec501234

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

tanna.moeller

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library