This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An emergency code was called after a patient pulled a knife from a pocket and threatened, I will ... (Read 45 times)

bclement10

An emergency code was called after a patient pulled a knife from a pocket and threatened, I will kill anyone who tries to get near me. The patient was safely disarmed and placed in seclusion. Justification for use of seclusion was that the patient:

a. was threatening to others.
  b. was experiencing psychosis.
  c. presented an undeniable escape risk.
  d. presented a clear and present danger to others.

Question 2

The staff development coordinator plans to teach use of physical management techniques for use when patients become assaultive. Which topic should the coordinator emphasize?

a. Practice and teamwork
  b. Spontaneity and surprise
  c. Caution and superior size
  d. Diversion and physical outlets

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kmb352

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
The patient's threat to kill self or others with the knife he possessed constituted a clear and present danger to self and others. The distracters are not sufficient reasons for seclusion.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Intervention techniques are learned behaviors and must be practiced to be used in a smooth, organized fashion. Every member of the intervention team should be assigned a specific task to carry out before beginning the intervention. The other options are useless if the staff does not know how to use physical techniques and how to apply them in an organized fashion.

bclement10

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

momolu

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Many of the drugs used by neuroscientists are derived from toxic plants and venomous animals (such as snakes, spiders, snails, and puffer fish).

Did you know?

Egg cells are about the size of a grain of sand. They are formed inside of a female's ovaries before she is even born.

Did you know?

According to animal studies, the typical American diet is damaging to the liver and may result in allergies, low energy, digestive problems, and a lack of ability to detoxify harmful substances.

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library