This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An adult patient assaulted another patient and was then restrained. One hour later, which statement ... (Read 30 times)

naturalchemist

An adult patient assaulted another patient and was then restrained. One hour later, which statement by the restrained patient requires the nurse's immediate attention?

a. I hate all of you
  b. My fingers are tingly.
  c. You wait until I tell my lawyer.
  d. The other patient started the fight.

Question 2

An intramuscular dose of antipsychotic medication needs to be administered to a patient who is becoming increasingly more aggressive and refused to leave the dayroom. The nurse should enter the day room:

a. and say, Would you like to come to your room and take some medication your health care provider prescribed for you?
  b. accompanied by 3 staff members and say, Please come to your room so I can give you some medication that will help you regain control.
  c. and place the patient in a basket-hold and then say, I am going to take you to your room to give you an injection of medication to calm you.
  d. accompanied by a male security guard and tell the patient, Come to your room willingly so I can give you this medication, or the guard and I will take you there.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

potomatos

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
The correct response indicates impaired circulation and necessitates the nurse's immediate attention. The incorrect responses indicate the patient has continued aggressiveness and agitation.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
A patient gains feelings of security if he or she sees others are present to help with control. The nurse gives a simple direction, honestly states what is going to happen, and reassures the patient that the intervention will be helpful. This positive approach assumes the patient can act responsibly and will maintain control. Physical control measures are used only as a last resort.

naturalchemist

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

kusterl

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Vaccines prevent between 2.5 and 4 million deaths every year.

Did you know?

Essential fatty acids have been shown to be effective against ulcers, asthma, dental cavities, and skin disorders such as acne.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

Street names for barbiturates include reds, red devils, yellow jackets, blue heavens, Christmas trees, and rainbows. They are commonly referred to as downers.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library