This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient comes to the crisis center saying, I'm in a terrible situation. I don't know what to do. ... (Read 35 times)

Mr3Hunna

A patient comes to the crisis center saying, I'm in a terrible situation. I don't know what to do. The triage nurse can initially assume that the patient is:

a. suicidal.
  b. anxious and fearful.
  c. misperceiving reality.
  d. potentially homicidal.

Question 2

A patient being seen in the clinic for superficial cuts on both wrists is pacing and sobbing. After a few minutes, the patient is calmer. The nurse attempts to determine the patient's perception of the precipitating event by asking:

a. Tell me why you were crying.
  b. How did your wrists get injured?
  c. How can I help you feel more comfortable?
  d. What was happening just before you started to feel this way?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

AmberC1996

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Individuals in crisis are universally anxious. They are often frightened and may be mildly confused. Perceptions are often narrowed with anxiety.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
A clear definition of the immediate problem provides the best opportunity to find a solution. Asking about recent upsetting events permits assessment of the precipitating event. Why questions are non-therapeutic.

Mr3Hunna

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

milbourne11

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library