This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which statement made by a patient diagnosed with borderline personality disorder indicates the ... (Read 31 times)

madam-professor

Which statement made by a patient diagnosed with borderline personality disorder indicates the treatment plan is effective?

a. I think you are the best nurse on the unit.
  b. I'm never going to get high on drugs again.
  c. I felt empty and wanted to hurt myself, so I called you.
  d. I hate my mother. I called her today, and she wasn't home.

Question 2

When preparing to interview a patient diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder, a nurse can anticipate the assessment findings will include:

a. preoccupation with minute details; perfectionist.
  b. charm, drama, seductiveness; seeking admiration.
  c. difficulty being alone; indecisive, submissiveness.
  d. grandiosity, self-importance, and a sense of entitlement.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ciecieme

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
Seeking a staff member instead of impulsively self-mutilating shows an adaptive coping strategy. The incorrect responses demonstrate idealization, devaluation, and wishful thinking.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The characteristics of grandiosity, self-importance, and entitlement are consistent with narcissistic personality disorder. Charm, drama, seductiveness, and admiration seeking are seen in patients with histrionic personality disorder. Preoccupation with minute details and perfectionism are seen in individuals with obsessive-compulsive personality disorder. Patients with dependent personality disorder often express difficulty being alone and are indecisive and submissive.

madam-professor

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

scottmt

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

According to research, pregnant women tend to eat more if carrying a baby boy. Male fetuses may secrete a chemical that stimulates their mothers to step up her energy intake.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

Opium has influenced much of the world's most popular literature. The following authors were all opium users, of varying degrees: Lewis Carroll, Charles, Dickens, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Oscar Wilde.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library