This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 16-year-old diagnosed with a conduct disorder has been in a residential program for 3 months. ... (Read 28 times)

neverstopbelieb

A 16-year-old diagnosed with a conduct disorder has been in a residential program for 3 months. Which outcome should occur before discharge?

a. The adolescent and parents create and agree to a behavioral contract with rules, rewards, and consequences.
  b. The adolescent identifies friends in the home community who are a positive influence.
  c. Temporary placement is arranged with a foster family until the parents complete a parenting skills class.
  d. The adolescent experiences no anger and frustration for 1 week.

Question 2

A man who regularly experiences premature ejaculation tells the nurse, I feel like such a failure. It's so awful for both me and my partner. Select the nurse's most therapeutic response.

a. I sense you are feeling frustrated and upset.
  b. Tell me more about feeling like a failure.
  c. You are too hard on yourself.
  d. What do you mean by awful?

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nguyenhoanhat

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A
The adolescent and the parents must agree on a behavioral contract that clearly outlines rules, expected behaviors, and consequences for misbehavior. It must also include rewards for following the rules. The adolescent will continue to experience anger and frustration. The adolescent and parents must continue with family therapy to work on boundary and communication issues. It is not necessary to separate the adolescent from the family to work on these issues. Separation is detrimental to the healing process. While it is helpful for the adolescent to identify peers who are a positive influence, it's more important for behavior to be managed for an adolescent diagnosed with a conduct disorder.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A
Using reflection and empathy promotes trust and conveys concern to the patient. The distracters do not offer empathy, probe, and offer premature reassurance.

neverstopbelieb

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

Jsherida

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library