Author Question: A patient says, I always feel good when I wear a size 2 petite. Which type of cognitive distortion ... (Read 53 times)

EAugust

A patient says, I always feel good when I wear a size 2 petite. Which type of cognitive distortion is evident?

a. Disqualifying the positive
  b. Overgeneralization
  c. Catastrophizing
  d. Personalization

Question 2

Which comment best indicates a patient is self-actualized?

a. I have succeeded despite a world filled with evil.
  b. I have a plan for my life. If I follow it, everything will be fine.
  c. I'm successful because I work hard. No one has ever given me anything.
  d. My favorite leisure is walking on the beach, hearing soft sounds of rolling waves.

ecabral0

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
Automatic thoughts, or cognitive distortions, are irrational and lead to false assumptions and misinterpretations. The stem offers an example of overgeneralization. See related audience response question.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The self-actualized personality is associated with high productivity and enjoyment of life. Self-actualized persons experience pleasure in being alone and an ability to reflect on events.