This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 21-year-old woman has just given birth to her first child. Which of the following statements ... (Read 35 times)

renzo156

A 21-year-old woman has just given birth to her first child. Which of the following statements should signal the maternity nurse to the possibility of future abuse?

A) I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with everything and I need to get some help ASAP.
  B) I don't tend to do very well with no sleep, so I'm pretty worried.
  C) I don't even know where to begin with taking care of the baby.
  D) I never really wanted this baby in the first place because the pregnancy was an accident.

Question 2

A mental health nurse is interviewing a depressed child for suspected abuse. The mother states that the child is having disciplinary problems at school and stutters when approached.

From the above behavioral indicators, the nurse would suspect which type of abuse?

A) Physical
  B) Financial
  C) Emotional
  D) Sexual

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

l.stuut

Answer to Question 1

Ans: D
Indifference or negativity surrounding the birth of a child has been identified as a potential precursor to child abuse. The other statements convey that the client is overwhelmed, which is not an unusual response to the birth of a child.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
A behavioral profile of an emotionally abused child includes stuttering, enuresis, overeating, disciplinary problems, and failure to thrive. The scenario does not refer to physical, financial, or sexual abuse.

renzo156

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

billybob123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Recent studies have shown that the number of medication errors increases in relation to the number of orders that are verified per pharmacist, per work shift.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

Chronic marijuana use can damage the white blood cells and reduce the immune system's ability to respond to disease by as much as 40%. Without a strong immune system, the body is vulnerable to all kinds of degenerative and infectious diseases.

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

In 1885, the Lloyd Manufacturing Company of Albany, New York, promoted and sold "Cocaine Toothache Drops" at 15 cents per bottle! In 1914, the Harrison Narcotic Act brought the sale and distribution of this drug under federal control.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library