This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Following a series of visits to her primary care provider and the hospital, a 22-year-old retail ... (Read 28 times)

SGallaher96

Following a series of visits to her primary care provider and the hospital, a 22-year-old retail clerk has been diagnosed with anorexia nervosa. Which of the client's following statements demonstrates an accurate understanding of her diagnosis?

A) I guess it's probably safe to say that anorexia runs in my family.
  B) I know that if I could lose this last 10 pounds I'd feel completely different about things.
  C) What you don't understand is that it's way healthier to be skinny than fat, and it looks better.
  D) What no one seems to understand is that I'm concerned about my health, not ignoring it.

Question 2

Which of the following behaviors differentiates an individual who is believed to have bulimia nervosa from a person who has anorexia nervosa?

A) The person is preoccupied with body image.
  B) The person judges his or her worth based on a lack of fat.
  C) The person uses vomiting as a weight-loss strategy.
  D) The person engages in episodic binge eating.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tuate

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
There are known to be both familial and genetic contributors to eating disorders. Weight loss does not relieve the thinking or behaviors that characterize the disorders, and there are serious health consequences to being underweight.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: D
Preoccupation with body image, lack of fat, and the use of vomiting are common to persons with anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. However, the practice of bingeing is particular to bulimia nervosa and is absent in the person who has anorexia nervosa.

SGallaher96

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

cici

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The first war in which wide-scale use of anesthetics occurred was the Civil War, and 80% of all wounds were in the extremities.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the United States are pregnant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library