This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Acting in a family therapist role is relatively new for psychiatricmental health nurses. Which of ... (Read 23 times)

rayancarla1

Acting in a family therapist role is relatively new for psychiatricmental health nurses. Which of the following describes an appropriate intervention for a nurse who is functioning in this capacity?

A) Conduct family assessments and draw genograms.
  B) Perform psychological tests and assessments.
  C) Prescribe psychotropic medications and order drug screening.
  D) Write process recordings and discharge orders.

Question 2

The Bradner family consists of a mother named Maria; a father named Greg; a son named Jeff, aged 14; and a daughter named Kim, aged 11.

Which of the following statements made by Greg indicates successful accomplishment of family tasks as described by Duvall?

A) Maria and I seem to be arguing a lot more lately.
  B) Jeff has decided to attend his friend's church this weekend.
  C) I don't think Jeff is ready to borrow my tools at this time.
  D) Maria and I decided to bowl with the league three nights a week.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

dudman123

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
Conducting assessments of the family with genograms is within the scope of practice of the advanced practice psychiatricmental health nurse. Performing psychological testing, prescribing medications, and writing discharge orders are not within the legal scope of the generalist psychiatric nurse.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
The correct answer reflects the movement of the 14-year-old child out of the family of origin and toward spending more time with peers, which is a normal developmental task at this stage of the family's growth according to Duvall.

rayancarla1

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

ttt030911

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

The term pharmacology is derived from the Greek words pharmakon("claim, medicine, poison, or remedy") and logos ("study").

Did you know?

Although not all of the following muscle groups are commonly used, intramuscular injections may be given into the abdominals, biceps, calves, deltoids, gluteals, laterals, pectorals, quadriceps, trapezoids, and triceps.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

About 60% of newborn infants in the United States are jaundiced; that is, they look yellow. Kernicterus is a form of brain damage caused by excessive jaundice. When babies begin to be affected by excessive jaundice and begin to have brain damage, they become excessively lethargic.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library