This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A victim of domestic violence is exhibiting denial and rationalization about the cause of the abuse ... (Read 27 times)

nramada

A victim of domestic violence is exhibiting denial and rationalization about the cause of the abuse as assessed by the mental health nurse. The nurse identifies this phase of crisis as which of the following?

A) Precrisis
  B) Crisis
  C) Resolution
  D) Postcrisis

Question 2

Which of the following statements would indicate that a client, whose son has been killed by a firearm, is in the resolution phase of crisis?

A) You must have made a mistake. My boy doesn't play with guns
  B) I should have prevented this. How can I communicate that to other parents?
  C) I need a drink. I feel so badly right now.
  D) I need to be alone. Just leave me alone.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

livaneabi

Answer to Question 1

Ans: B
In the crisis phase, the client is rationalizing about the cause of the situation. The general state of equilibrium in which a person is able to cope with everyday stress is termed precrisis. The resolution phase occurs when successful problem solving occurs. When the postcrisis phase begins, a client may be at a higher level of maturity and adaptation due to acquisition of new positive coping skills.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
The correct answer indicates that the client is able to reflect on the event. The other answers reflect denial, withdrawal, or using alcohol as a coping mechanismall behaviors that would be more likely to occur during the crisis itself.

nramada

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

Hdosisshsbshs

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

Patients who cannot swallow may receive nutrition via a parenteral route—usually, a catheter is inserted through the chest into a large vein going into the heart.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library