This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Mrs. Yamada has been admitted to the psychiatric unit because of her worsening diagnosis of major ... (Read 46 times)

Yolanda

Mrs. Yamada has been admitted to the psychiatric unit because of her worsening diagnosis of major depression that has not responded appreciably to treatment. In light of Mrs. Yamada's statement that everything would be better if I was just dead and gone,

the nurse would be justified in identifying what type of nursing diagnosis related to suicide?

A) Risk nursing diagnosis
  B) Wellness nursing diagnosis
  C) Actual nursing diagnosis
  D) Syndrome nursing diagnosis

Question 2

A mental health nurse is developing a plan of care for a client with anxiety disorder and a gastric ulcer. The diagnosis of gastric ulcer would be placed on which of the following axes of the DSM-IV-TR?

A) I
  B) II
  C) III
  D) IV

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

chreslie

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
This client's psychiatric diagnosis coupled with her statement that refers to suicide would justify a risk nursing diagnosis of risk for suicide related to depression.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
Axis III is general medication conditions, such as gastric ulcer. Axis IV is categorized as psychosocial and environmental problems. Axis II is personality disorders and mental retardation. Axis I contains clinical disorders and other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention.

Yolanda

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

bassamabas

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The B-complex vitamins and vitamin C are not stored in the body and must be replaced each day.

Did you know?

The newest statin drug, rosuvastatin, has been called a superstatin because it appears to reduce LDL cholesterol to a greater degree than the other approved statin drugs.

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library