This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client is inquiring to the nurse about hospice care. The nurse would be correct in giving which ... (Read 15 times)

Haya94

A client is inquiring to the nurse about hospice care. The nurse would be correct in giving which information regarding this form of end-of-life care?

A) A terminal diagnosis is required.
  B) The client must wish to pursue aggressive treatment.
  C) Chronically ill patients qualify.
  D) It limits support to the client during the dying process.

Question 2

A nurse is caring for a client with terminal cancer. The client states, If I promise to change my bad habits, the cancer will go away. The nurse knows that this statement is an example of which of Kubler-Ross' stages of grief?

A) Denial
  B) Anger
  C) Bargaining
  D) Acceptance

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kingdude89

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
Hospice care refers to a program that supports the client and family through the dying process and the surviving family members through the process of bereavement. To qualify for hospice, the individual must be terminally ill with a life expectancy of 6 months or less.

Answer to Question 2

Ans: C
This scenario is an example of bargaining to prolong one's life. Denial serves as a temporary escape from reality. In the anger stage, the client appears difficult, demanding, and ungrateful. In the acceptance stage, the client has achieved an inner and outer peace due to a personal victory over fear.

Haya94

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

TheDev123

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

A good example of polar molecules can be understood when trying to make a cake. If water and oil are required, they will not mix together. If you put them into a measuring cup, the oil will rise to the top while the water remains on the bottom.

Did you know?

A headache when you wake up in the morning is indicative of sinusitis. Other symptoms of sinusitis can include fever, weakness, tiredness, a cough that may be more severe at night, and a runny nose or nasal congestion.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library