This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A highly agitated client paces the unit and states, I could buy and sell this place. The client's ... (Read 50 times)

fox

A highly agitated client paces the unit and states, I could buy and sell this place. The client's mood fluctuates from fits of laughter to outbursts of anger. Which is the most accurate documentation of this client's behavior?

A. Rates mood 8/10. Exhibiting looseness of association. Euphoric.
  B. Mood euthymic. Exhibiting magical thinking. Restless.
  C. Mood labile. Exhibiting delusions of reference. Hyperactive.
  D. Agitated and pacing. Exhibiting grandiosity. Mood labile.

Question 2

A client is prescribed phenelzine (Nardil). Which of the following client statements should indicate to a nurse that discharge teaching about this medication has been successful? Select all that apply.

A. I'll have to let my surgeon know about this medication before I have my cholecystectomy.
  B. Guess I will have to give up my glass of red wine with dinner.
  C. I'll have to be very careful about reading food and medication labels.
  D. I'm going to miss my caffeinated coffee in the morning.
  E. I'll be sure not to stop this medication abruptly.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lorealeza77

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
The nurse should document that this client's behavior is Agitated and pacing. Exhibiting grandiosity. Mood labile. The client is exhibiting signs of irritation accompanied by aggressive behavior. Grandiosity refers to an exaggerated sense of power, importance, knowledge, or identity.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: A, B, C, E
The nurse should evaluate that teaching has been successful when the client states that phenelzine (Nardil) should not be taken in conjunction with the use of alcohol or foods high in tyramine and should not be stopped abruptly. Phenelzine is a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) that can have negative interactions with other medications. The client needs to tell other physicians about taking MAOIs because of the risk of drug interactions.

fox

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

smrtceo

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Aspirin is the most widely used drug in the world. It has even been recognized as such by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Did you know?

Ether was used widely for surgeries but became less popular because of its flammability and its tendency to cause vomiting. In England, it was quickly replaced by chloroform, but this agent caused many deaths and lost popularity.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

People with high total cholesterol have about two times the risk for heart disease as people with ideal levels.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library