This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An isolative client was admitted 4 days ago with a diagnosis of major depressive disorder. Which ... (Read 89 times)

brutforce

An isolative client was admitted 4 days ago with a diagnosis of major depressive disorder. Which nursing statement would best motivate this client to attend a therapeutic group being held in the milieu?

A. We'll go to the day room when you are ready for group.
  B. I'll walk with you to the day room. Group is about to start.
  C. It must be difficult for you to attend group when you feel so bad.
  D. Let me tell you about the benefits of attending this group.

Question 2

A client who has been taking buspirone (BuSpar) as prescribed for 2 days is close to discharge. Which statement indicates to the nurse that the client has an understanding of important discharge teaching?

A. I cannot drink any alcohol with this medication.
  B. It is going to take 2 to 3 weeks in order for me to begin to feel better.
  C. This drug causes physical dependence, and I need to strictly follow doctor's orders.
  D. I can't take this medication with food. It needs to be taken on an empty stomach.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Hdosisshsbshs

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
A client diagnosed with major depressive disorder exhibits little to no motivation and must be actively directed by staff to participate in therapy. It is difficult for a severely depressed client to make decisions, and this function must be temporarily assumed by the staff.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: B
BuSpar takes at least 2 to 3 weeks to be effective in controlling symptoms of anxiety. This is important to teach clients in order to prevent potential noncompliance due to the perception that the medication is ineffective.

brutforce

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

bulacsom

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library