This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In what way should a nurse expect a school-aged child to gain positive self-esteem, according to ... (Read 24 times)

Evvie72

In what way should a nurse expect a school-aged child to gain positive self-esteem, according to Erikson's psychosocial developmental stages?

A. Through basic need fulfillment and environmental predictability
  B. Through exploration and experimentation, resulting in self-confidence in ability to perform
  C. Through positive reinforcement of creativity and recognition of performance
  D. Through receiving recognition when learning, competing, and performing successfully

Question 2

A client is experiencing high stress. The client states, My boss treats me like a doormat and thinks nothing of demanding frequent overtime. Which nursing intervention would be appropriate?

A. To incorporate the family support system into the client's plan of care
  B. To teach thought-reframing techniques
  C. To encourage the client to seek other employment
  D. To teach the client how to use I statements

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

momtoalll

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
The school-aged child develops self-confidence by learning, competing, and performing successfully and receiving recognition from significant others, peers, and acquaintances.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The ability to use I statements is essential in assertive communication. The situation presented indicates that the client needs assertiveness training.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

It is believed that humans initially contracted crabs from gorillas about 3 million years ago from either sleeping in gorilla nests or eating the apes.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

More than one-third of adult Americans are obese. Diseases that kill the largest number of people annually, such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, stroke, and hypertension, can be attributed to diet.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library