This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An aggressive nurse manager tells a staff nurse she has no business rallying staff to change the ... (Read 52 times)

CQXA

An aggressive nurse manager tells a staff nurse she has no business rallying staff to change the schedule. What would be an example of a technique that the staff nurse could use to stand up for her basic human rights?

A. What is the real reason that you don't want the schedule changed?
  B. Sounds to me like you're threatened by this change.
  C. Are you upset because you don't want to redo the schedule?
  D. I have the right to express my opinion about the schedule.

Question 2

A nursing supervisor is scheduling holiday hours. When the supervisor tells the staff nurse that she needs to work Christmas day, the staff nurse calmly states, I worked last Christmas and will not work this Christmas.

When the supervisor says But I need you to work, the nurse repeats I worked last Christmas and will not work this Christmas. This is an example of which assertive behavior technique?

A. Shifting from content to process
  B. Standing up for one's basic rights
  C. Responding as a broken record
  D. Defusing

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

krakiolit

Answer to Question 1

ANS: D
This response reflects the use of standing up for one's basic human rights.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
Responding as a broken record is an assertive behavior technique that consists of persistently repeating in a calm voice what is wanted.

CQXA

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Gracias!

T4T

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

Did you know?

More than 50% of American adults have oral herpes, which is commonly known as "cold sores" or "fever blisters." The herpes virus can be active on the skin surface without showing any signs or causing any symptoms.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

The cure for trichomoniasis is easy as long as the patient does not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours. Just a single dose of medication is needed to rid the body of the disease. However, without proper precautions, an individual may contract the disease repeatedly. In fact, most people develop trichomoniasis again within three months of their last treatment.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library