This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which therapeutic communication technique should the nurse use when communicating with a client who ... (Read 58 times)

ahriuashd

Which therapeutic communication technique should the nurse use when communicating with a client who is experiencing auditory hallucinations?

A. My sister has the same diagnosis as you and she also hears voices.
  B. I understand that the voices seem real to you, but I do not hear any voices.
  C. Why not turn up the radio so that the voices are muted.
  D. I wouldn't worry about these voices. The medication will make them disappear.

Question 2

Which nursing statement is a good example of the therapeutic communication technique of giving recognition?

A. You did not attend group today. Can we talk about that?
  B. I'll sit with you until it is time for your family session.
  C. I notice you are wearing a new dress and you have washed your hair.
  D. I'm happy that you are now taking your medications. They will really help.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

adammoses97

Answer to Question 1

ANS: B
This is an example of the therapeutic communication technique of presenting reality. Presenting reality is when the client has a misperception of the environment. The nurse defines reality or indicates his or her perception of the situation for the client.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C
This is an example of the therapeutic communication technique of giving recognition. Giving recognition acknowledges and indicates awareness. This technique is more appropriate than complimenting the client, which reflects the nurse's judgment.

ahriuashd

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

duy1981999

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Patients who have been on total parenteral nutrition for more than a few days may need to have foods gradually reintroduced to give the digestive tract time to start working again.

Did you know?

The liver is the only organ that has the ability to regenerate itself after certain types of damage. As much as 25% of the liver can be removed, and it will still regenerate back to its original shape and size. However, the liver cannot regenerate after severe damage caused by alcohol.

Did you know?

Bisphosphonates were first developed in the nineteenth century. They were first investigated for use in disorders of bone metabolism in the 1960s. They are now used clinically for the treatment of osteoporosis, Paget's disease, bone metastasis, multiple myeloma, and other conditions that feature bone fragility.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library