This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A client diagnosed with dependent personality disorder states, Do you think I should move from my ... (Read 8 times)

Engineer

A client diagnosed with dependent personality disorder states, Do you think I should move from my parent's house and get a job? Which nursing response is most appropriate?

A. It would be best to do that in order to increase independence.
  B. Why would you want to leave a secure home?
  C. Let's discuss and explore all of your options.
  D. I'm afraid you would feel very guilty leaving your parents.

Question 2

What is the purpose of a nurse providing appropriate feedback?

A. To give the client good advice
  B. To advise the client on appropriate behaviors
  C. To evaluate the client's behavior
  D. To give the client critical information

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

leahm14

Answer to Question 1

ANS: C
The most appropriate response by the nurse is, Let's discuss and explore all of your options. In this example, the nurse is encouraging the client to formulate ideas and decide independently the appropriate course of action.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: D
The purpose of providing appropriate feedback is to give the client critical information. Feedback should not be used to give advice or evaluate behaviors.

Engineer

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

Perkypinki

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

The average older adult in the United States takes five prescription drugs per day. Half of these drugs contain a sedative. Alcohol should therefore be avoided by most senior citizens because of the dangerous interactions between alcohol and sedatives.

Did you know?

In the ancient and medieval periods, dysentery killed about ? of all babies before they reach 12 months of age. The disease was transferred through contaminated drinking water, because there was no way to adequately dispose of sewage, which contaminated the water.

Did you know?

In most climates, 8 to 10 glasses of water per day is recommended for adults. The best indicator for adequate fluid intake is frequent, clear urination.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library